top of page

Helpful Information

Anchor 1

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you take insurance?

No, at this time we do not take insurance. We feel that, by operating as a private pay clinic, we are able to provide a higher level of service with top-notch quality experience. We are able to give our families and clients the therapy and support that they need without having to compromise on service based on insurance limitations.

Click here for our No Surprises Act Disclosure: Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills

Do you treat adults?

No, not at this time.  We are a therapy clinic that specializes in the treatment of pediatrics ages 6 months to 18 years.   

Do you require an evaluation?

Yes, unless you have had an outside evaluation completed by another licensed provider within the past 12 months. We believe that evaluations are crucial in guiding our treatment process to ensure the best possible outcomes in therapy.  If you have an outside evaluation that was completed in the last 12 months, we can complete a Record Review in which we review all outside documents and create a relevant and functional treatment plan. 

What is your attendance and cancellation policy?

We require a 24 hour notice for all cancellations. We understand that unfortunate circumstances arise, but we also need to keep our exceptional and highly skilled therapists on staff with us. If we do not have 24 hours notice, then that leaves an open hour without pay for our therapists and a possible opening for another family to be seen. Please be
considerate and give notice!

How will I be billed for services?

Payment is due at the end of each business day from date of service. We encourage each caregiver to keep a stored credit card on file to assist with timely payments.

What forms of payment will be accepted?

We currently accept payment through cash, check, credit card, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) funds, and Health Saving Account (HSA) funds. We also accept funds through the Empowerment Scholarship and are an approved vendor with Class Wallet.

What is a SuperBill and how does it work?

A SuperBill is an Out of Network insurance claim that you can submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement for services. The client/caregiver is responsible for the verification of Out of Network benefit coverage provided by their insurance company prior to submitting a SuperBill. The client is responsible for paying for services up front. The client can request a SuperBill at the end of each month from West Valley Speech Therapy, and we will generate a SuperBill that you will submit to your insurance company.

Do I need a referral?

No! The beauty of being a private pay clinic is that we do not require doctor's referrals. Call today to schedule a consultation!

What ages do you work with?

We work with kids of all ages! Our youngest clients start at approximately 6 months and our oldest clients are in their teens.

How long will my child need therapy?

While we wish we knew the exact answer to this question, there are so many factors in the child's therapy journey that can impact the length in therapy sessions. A child's age, willingness to cooperate and engage, the severity of the disorder, parent participation, and any other co-existing factors all impact length of treatment. This is something that is discussed in further detail with the parent at the time of the evaluation.

How often does my child come to therapy?

The answer to this depends on several factors, including type of disorder, severity, age, family wants and needs, scheduling needs, and budget. We work together to create a treatment plan that outlines the frequency of therapy sessions that are best for the child and family.

How do I know if my child needs Speech or Occupational Therapy?

The answer to this depends on several factors, including type of disorder, severity, age, family wants and needs, scheduling needs, and budget. We work together to create a treatment plan that outlines the frequency of therapy sessions that are best for the child and family.

What are the signs of an expressive language delay?

If your child struggles with communicating their intentions and cannot express their wants or needs effectively, that may be a sign of an expressive language delay. Minimal verbal usage in toddlers, difficulty using words to communicate, or difficulty learning new words are indicators of delays with expressive language.

What are the signs of a speech sound delay or disorder?

If your child has difficulty pronouncing certain sounds or if your child has difficulty being understood by others, those are indicators that they may have a speech sound disorder. Current research supports that children should have mastered the pronunciation of all speech sounds by the age of 6. We no longer wait and see for those pesky sounds, such as "S", "L", and "R", to develop.

What is a play-based therapy session?

A play-based therapy session is what we utilize for the majority of our clients as we know that there is great power in play in a child's development. A play-based therapy session will typically look like "fun and games" to an outsider. However, our skilled therapists are using play as a means to facilitate specific skills in speech, language, and functional living development. We also coach parents on how to utilize play and fun at home to target, facilitate, and carry over specific skills.



Payment is due at the time of service.  At this time, West Valley Speech Therapy only accepts the following payment methods: 

  • Cash Pay 

  • Check or Credit Card

  • Health Savings Account

  • Flexible Savings Account

  • Empowerment Scholarship


Private pay options allow for flexibility and creative solutions when providing services.  Insurance companies often dictate the number and duration of services and occasionally do not cover speech services at all. By accepting private pay options only, we do not require referrals or prior authorizations.  

West Valley Speech Therapy is able to accept payment through HSA and FSA accounts. We are able to provide the necessary documentation needed for HSA and FSA coverage.   

West Valley Speech Therapy is an approved vendor through Class Wallet with the Empowerment Scholarship Program.  If your child has been approved for the Empowerment Scholarship with an eligible preschool or school-age school disability, you can choose to use those funds for speech and occupational therapy.  For additional information regarding the Empowerment Scholarship Program and eligibility requirements, please visit their website at:  

We are considered out of network with all insurance companies.  We are currently not in network with any contracting insurance company. West Valley Speech Therapy can provide what is known as a SuperBill which would allow a client to seek reimbursement of services through insurance benefits.  The client and/or family would be required to verify with their insurance company if this is an option.  

bottom of page